Discover the best way to cook turkey bacon, cooked in a pan for a few minutes and blended with red wine!
After cutting the turkey breast, simply season each small piece with a tablespoon of mustard and a sage leaf and then wrap it in two thin slices of smoked bacon.
Best way to cook turkey bacon
The turkey and chicken nuggets are then fried with butter and sage so that the turkey becomes very tender and the bacon crisp.
Serve the turkey and bacon bits with a fresh salad and a side of golden baked potatoes – not even one left!
Ingredient for cook turkey bacon
- Single piece turkey breast 500 g
- Smoked bacon 40 slices
- Sage 30 leaves
- Strong mustard 50 g
- Red wine 30 ml
- Butter 20 g
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
- Salt up (if necessary) to taste
How to prepare the turkey bacon for the cook?
To prepare the turkey and bacon bites, start by cutting the turkey breast into regular pieces about 1 cm thick.
- Prepare the other ingredients on a cutting board: mustard, clean sage leaves and slices of bacon.
- Then proceed to the composition of the rolls. Spread a small teaspoon of mustard on the top surface of each piece of turkey.
- Places a sage leaf on it.
- Wrap the turkey morsel with a couple of slices of smoked bacon, until it is completely covered.
- Continue like this until all the turkey chunks are covered.
- Put the butter in a non-stick pan and let it melt together with a drop of oil so that the butter does not burn, add a dozen sage leaves.
- And let them brown for a couple of minutes over low heat so as not to burn them. At this point, add the turkey morsels to the pan.
- Let it brown for a couple of minutes
- And then blend with red wine
- Finish cooking over high heat for about 10 minutes, remembering to turn the morsels halfway through cooking. So that they are well browned on the other side as well.
- Taste and add salt only if necessary; your turkey and bacon bites are ready to be served!
The turkey and bacon morsels can be kept in a tightly-closed container, in the refrigerator, for no more than two days.
Heat them for a few minutes in a pan by adding a drop of hot water to make the resume.
Freezing is not recommended.
Very tasty, these morsels will be a huge success in the family (so it was in mine, also extended to grandparents and uncles, so I can swear that they work!).
Remember to add salt only after cooking, and lightly, because the combination of ingredients is already very tasty!
If there is any component that you don’t like, know that you can compose the dish according to your taste, replacing the turkey with the chicken breast, the classic mustard with the old-fashioned one (more decisive, which will create a stronger contrast with the smoked bacon), the bacon itself with bacon (only one slice will be enough).
How to cook turkey bacon?
Bake the turkey bacon on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Add a little more or less time depending on your chewy vs. crunchy preferences.
Turn the bacon strips in half once for a crispier flavor. Cover the sheet tray with aluminum foil for quick cleaning.
Want a little extra flavor and spice? Sprinkle turkey strips with black pepper before baking.
Due to the low-fat content, turkey bacon doesn’t roll in the kitchen, leaving you perfectly straight chunks of bacon.
This doesn’t matter if you’re making bacon chunks for a salad and is an added convenience for sandwiches.
However, it looks noticeably different on a plate next to scrambled eggs.
If you love the health benefits of turkey bacon but aren’t willing to sacrifice the wavy texture, fold a sheet of sturdy aluminum foil on the sturdy ridges and place it underneath the turkey bacon in the oven.
The bacon strips will hold the shape of the ridges as they bake and come out with that unmistakable wavy texture.
Best Ways With Baked Bacon
- In a frying pan: Heat a layer of turkey bacon in a skillet over medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, turning regularly.
- In the microwave: Place a layer of turkey bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with a paper towel. Microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Cooking times will vary with microwave power. This method is ideal for chewy bacon lovers.
That’s it for now. I hope you understand what we trying to explain.
If you have any kind of doubt about your question answer, don’t be hesitate just ask us. Not only hope but also we believe that you like our articles.
I am John C. Crawford. I am the founder of EnjoyWiki.com. I am a professional freelancer, blogger and content writer. I have several blogs and EnjoyWiki.com is one of them. I always love to share my experience on my blogs.