How to Delete an old Twitter Account you Cannot Access
Twitter is a social networking site in which people communicate using short messages. Those messages are called “tweets”, hence its name.
Those tweets may contain any type of content, from texts and links to photos and videos. In those tweets, you post a short message that may contain your thoughts, for example.
The people that you are connected to within your Twitter account (either they are your family, your friends or colleagues of yours) are able to see your tweets and you are able to see theirs, too.
Is there a way to delete an old Twitter account that you cannot access and what is Twitter’s policy about inactive accounts? Let’s find out.
Of course, in case you do not have access to an old Twitter account you can delete it, but we will check this process out later on the article because at this point we would like to mention that Twitter itself may delete an account in case it is inactive for too long.
Twitter encourages you to have an active Twitter account once you create it and in case you haven’t logged in for more than 6 months your account may be permanently deleted due to Twitter’s policy concerning inactive accounts.
Is there any other case that your Twitter account that may be deleted due to a Twitter policy?
Yes! You need to know that Twitter’s policy is very specific about the fact that in case your Twitter account has been reported more than two times, this Twitter account of yours will be deleted.
But what happens if you don’t have access to an old Twitter account and you wish to delete it? Let’s dive in the process.
In case you are using your desktop and you want to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access, here is what you have to do:
- First, you need to go to twitter.com, and then, you need to enter your username and password.
- When you are in your homepage, scroll down until you see the “More” icon. When you find it, click it!
- Then, click on the “Settings & Privacy” option, and after that click the “Your account” option.
- Finally, click on the “Deactivate your Twitter account” option and then, click the “Deactivate” option that appears at the bottom and you are done!
In case you are using your mobile and you wish to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access, you have to follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to twitter.com and then, you need to enter your username and password.
- Once you are in your account, scroll down until you see the “More” icon. When you find it, tap it!
- Then, tap on the “Settings & Privacy” option and after that, tap the “Your account” option.
- Finally, tap the “Deactivate your Twitter account” option and then, tap the “Deactivate” option that appears at the bottom and you are done!
In this article we have discussed the instances that due to the Twitter’s policy your Twitter account may be deleted, but most importantly, we have gone through the process you need to follow in order to delete an old Twitter account you cannot access, either using you desktop or your mobile.