How to Put Open to Work on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is a professional social networking site that helps you find a job as you can showcase in that your education, your experience, and your skills. LinkedIn offers a feature, which is called the “Open to work” feature and with this, you let recruiters know that you are open to work, in case you are looking for a new job.
It is one of the most useful features on the network as it is the one that allows people to know you are looking for a new job opportunity and your finding a job is one of the main purposes of this site.
Let’s check out some more details about this specific feature:
As we mentioned before, when activating this feature you let recruiters know that you are open to work.
Also, you can be more specific about the job posts that you are interested in or you can also specify the locations that interest you so that your profile will appear in the search results when a recruiter is looking for a suitable candidate concerning their job post.
It is important to note here that LinkedIn also gives you the opportunity to choose who is able to see that you are open to working so you can either choose the option “All LinkedIn members” or the “Recruiters only”.
The difference here is that in the first option not only recruiters but also, any member of LinkedIn can see that you are open to work. But how can you activate the Open to Work feature on LinkedIn? Let’s find out.
How can you put open to work on LinkedIn?
In case you are using your desktop and you wish to put open to work on LinkedIn, here is the process you must follow:
- First, you need to go to your LinkedIn homepage and click the “Me” icon that appears at the top.
- Then, click the “View profile” option and after that, click the “Open to” option.
- Click the “Finding a new job” option. At this point there should appear a pop-up window and you should fill the information needed. After you’re done with that, click the “Add to profile” option and now you’re open to work!
In case you are using your mobile and you want to put open to work on LinkedIn, you have to follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to your LinkedIn profile and tap your profile picture.
- Then, tap the “View profile” option and after that, tap the “Open to” option.
- Tap the “Finding a new job” option. At this point there should appear a pop-up window and you should fill the information needed. Once you’re done, tap the “Add to profile” option and from now on you’re open to work!
In this article we have explained what the Open to Work feature is on LinkedIn and why it is so important in terms of finding a job. Additionally, we have gone through the process you must follow to put open to work on LinkedIn, either using your desktop or your mobile.