What is a range hood?
A range hood is also known as a kitchen hood or exhaust hood is a device that has a mechanical fan attached to it and is located above the gas stove in the kitchen. It is used to get rid of the fumes and unwanted hot air from circulating in the kitchen.
It also helps in removing the grease, fumes, smoke, combustion products, heat, and steam from the air in the kitchen by evacuating of air and filtering it.
The most common way is to vent the range hood on the interior wall of the kitchen. But a question that may arise is how to vent a range hood on an interior wall?
The venting of a range hood or kitchen hood or exhaust hood on the interior wall may seem to be a daunting task but if done properly with the care it is not a tough task to perform. Though if you are not comfortable doing it then contacting a contractor is recommended as the ductwork is a difficult task to be done.
Follow the steps to know how to vent a range hood on an interior wall:
- Determine the position to vent your range hood.
- Install ductwork in the shortest path outside the house. The path should not be obstructed. Ideally, it shouldn’t have more than 2 elbows.
- A hole 1-2 inches larger than the ductwork must be cut. Here the duct would be placed from ductwork to hood. A large hole would help in fitting the hood well and if any work that needs to be performed later on can be done easily.
- Now attach the range hood to the ductwork.
- Attach the wall or roof cap to the exterior of the wall or roof. It would avoid debris and other elements to enter the duct.
I am John C. Crawford. I am the founder of EnjoyWiki.com. I am a professional freelancer, blogger and content writer. I have several blogs and EnjoyWiki.com is one of them. I always love to share my experience on my blogs.